Acupuncture is a Chinese medical practice that treats the cause of illness as well as the symptoms. Acupuncture builds resistance to disease and resolves pain, it promotes relaxation, balances out the body’s energies, and encourages the feeling of well-being.
Every acupuncture treatment is specifically tailored to each patient’s constitution. One patient’s acupuncture treatment for a condition could be completely different from another patient’s treatment for that very same condition. Individualizing treatments for each patient increases the efficacy of acupuncture.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine aims to restore balance in the body and, thus, does not produce any unwanted side effects. It is a gentle procedure that, at times, can be relatively painless.
WHAT CAN ACUPUNCTURE TREAT?
Acupuncture can treat a wide range of body and mind conditions, including:
- Pain (headaches, low back pain, neck pain, sciatica, shoulder pain, etc.)
- Stress & Anxiety
- Digestive disorders
- Respiratory conditions
- Reproductive disorders and Infertility
- Menstrual and Menopausal conditions
- High Blood Pressure
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- A typical acupuncture treatment in our San Francisco office lasts about 30 minutes, plus time for us to talk about the progress of your treatment.
- Most people become relaxed during the treatment and experience a feeling of general well being afterward.
- Sterile, superfine needles are placed at points that correspond to your specific need. The needles are about the thickness of three hairs and are used only once.
- You may feel nothing or a slight tap when the needles are applied. After a moment, you may feel warmth, heaviness, tingling or pressure around the needle, which is normal and desirable.
- You may be given herbal supplements to treat illness internally. Some herbs are alternatives to prescription drugs.
- Each person and medical condition responds to treatment at a different pace. Acute conditions usually can be treated with one to a few sessions, and chronic conditions take longer.
Conscious Chiropractic and Acupuncture is located in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, our acupuncturists help relieve many of these symptoms that can cause major problems if left untreated. Call us today to get more information on SF acupuncture treatment.
From Anita B…This is a review of Traci, the acupuncturist in this office. When I think of Traci, I think of gentleness and caring. I have been going to Traci for quite a while now and what I love best about her is the time she takes to really listen to me and figure out what is going on with me. Thanks to her acupuncture treatments and herbal prescriptions, she has greatly reduced my stress levels and the pain I have had in my upper back and neck are practically gone. I walk away from her treatments feeling so much lighter and relaxed. A great way to start or end my days….Yelp 9/3/2011